Who doesn’t love eating fresh bruschetta? I know I can never pass that up! But for some of us who have made low carb goals or are gluten intolerant, bruschetta is a sad thing to give up!
I recently came across a recipe from Whitney Bond, and had to try it!
Bruschetta Chicken Zoodles is a fresh, smart, and delicious alternative to your traditional spaghetti and bruschetta.
I adapted the recipe to fit what I had on hand:
Bruschetta Chicken Zoodles
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups tomato basil bruschetta:
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large zucchinis, 2 large squash, spiralized into about 6 cups of zoodles
- Before cooking the chicken, combine all of the tomato basil bruschetta ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve the bowls.
- Sprinkle your chicken with the seasoning salt and Italian seasoning.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Pan fry chicken until cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet, then add the zucchini and squash noodles and saute 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the zoodles between two plates.
- Once the chicken is grilled, slice it up and place on top of the zoodles.
- Spoon the bruschetta over the chicken and zoodles.
This meal is a wonderfully healthy substitute that fits your pasta and bruschetta needs in a low carb way!
*Recipe adapted from Whitney Bond.