Not sure about yall, but I cannot stand the microwave being gross! It doesn’t matter how well I cover a dish, food always gets caked everywhere! After weeks, it just builds up and drives me crazy. If you’ve tried, you know simple water or multipurpose spray doesn’t help the grease either! I’ve found the best way to clean your microwave, and yall, it is so simple!
Grab These Items
Whatchu Gotta Do
- Grab your glass bowl, vinegar, and sliced lemon
- Drop these items into the bowl and fill up the rest with water
- Put it uncovered in the microwave in 5-minute intervals. (10-15 minutes usually works for me)
- Every 5 minutes, take a wet paper towel or rag and see how well the grease comes off.
- When it starts to loosen up, remove the bowl and wipe down with a wet rag.
- Remove the turntable. Clean under it and wash your turntable in the sink.
- Depending on how much is caked on it, you may need to fill up the sink with vinegar, lemons, and water and let it soak.
- When you’ve cleaned off the grease, grab a multipurpose spray (my favorite is Mrs. Meyer’s Lavendar) and clean the inside and outside of the microwave. Don’t forget to clean the numbers and opening button!
If you want to experiment with other scents (and to mask more of the vinegar scent), try a few drops of your favorite essential oils. Lavender, grapefruit, or tea tree oil would be a great combo with the lemons. Check out my essential oils blog post here.
Let me know how your microwave cleaning goes in the comments below!