Has anybody ever had the Tomato Caprese with Fresh Burrata from Carrabba’s? I am so obsessed with it. My teacher friends and I would hit up Carrabba’s for their stellar happy hour, which always included half off of the apps. I love the fresh burrata cheese that they use for their tomato caprese. It is insanely soft and just delicious. This inspired me to create an at-home version, because I just can’t be hoppin’ over to Carrabba’s everytime I get a hankerin’. Nobody has the time or money for that! So yall know I had to just DIY this bad boy at home!
This Tomato Basil Caprese makes a beautiful appetizer that is fast, tasty, and makes you look like you’re on your appetizer game (even if you aren’t)! Every time I make it, somebody comments on the presentation of it, and it is always the very first appetizer to be destroyed. It is a win-win on a dime + fast.
Another great part (if you weren’t already convinced): these items you can buy and just have on stock (with the exception of the tomatoes). I love quick appetizers that I don’t have to make an extra trip to the grocery store for. Another way this makes you look like a pro!
- Mozzarella ball or log, sliced
- After trying both for a while, I have to say that I prefer the log. They look prettier on the plate and are easy to just pull apart. The only other thing I would use would be those mini mozzarella balls, because they are small and already ready to serve individually.
- Balsamic glaze
- I use one from Aldi, but here is a dupe linked
- Grape Tomatoes, sliced (10-15 depending on your party)
- Salt + Pepper
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- Fresh Rosemary
- *Optional: red onion, diced + extra virgin olive oil
- Slice your mozzarella and place it on a pretty plate or serving platter
- Slice your grape tomatoes in half (I think lengthwise looks more professional) and drop around your mozzarella
- Dice some onions and sprinkle them around as well
- Drizzle a balsamic glaze (and olive oil if you choose) across the plate and cheese in one zigzag motion (see photo)
- If you get a glaze that is in a squeeze bottle, that will make this step so much easier and make it look so much prettier.
- Sprinkle your herbs, salt, and pepper to taste
Now, go look like a rockstar hostess with minimal effort!
Let’s stay connected!