Growing up, my family would host many events from holidays to church groups. We had lots of people in our home often. My mama is a great cook, and she often had many recipes that were fast, easy, delicious, and enough for a big group of people.
One dish that is always a crowd pleaser is her rice dish. Yall, I cannot stress enough tell how easy this dish is to make! Even better, the ingredients are things you can buy ahead of time and stash in your cabinet in case you need something at the drop of a hat without having to go to the grocery store.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of plain, white rice
- 1 can of beef consomme
- 1 can of water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 small can of mushrooms
- Side note, I hate mushrooms, but I adore this dish. It is one of my all-time faves. So even if you have a mushroom hater (like me), I can vouch that they will love it!
*not pictured: onion + butter. It was already sauteeing!
- Mince your onion and sautee with the butter
- After it’s sauteed, put all ingredients into a glass baking dish
- I use this dish pictured, a Corningware or Pyrex would work well too.
- Bake on 350 for 1 hour.
Yall, that’s seriously it.
This is your next crowd pleaser, and I bet it’ll be a new simple staple for your future events! Let me know if you try this recipe in the comments below!
Also, no judgement here, but I tried 3 times to make this and take a photo of the final product… yeah. It hasn’t happened yet. I will update with a finished photo straight out of the oven later, but for today, here’s a half eaten pan. (Also, this dish was killed by 7 adults and 2 kids. It’s the perfect side item for a group!)
Let’s stay connected!