How is it already August? Here’s to the hottest part of the year in Florida, and me still in jeans. Okay, I will definitely step it up next year with dresses and shorts, but this pick of the month is based on the overwhelming love on an Instagram post. I was heading to my hometown of Nashville and realized that I really loved my outfit + my front porch wasn’t looking too terrible (hopefully a new door coming soon, but that’s another story). Y’all rocked out on this post, and it was my most loved square to date! So that solidified my August outfit pick, which is awesome because this outfit is one of my summer faves!
Let’s start from the top (ha!). I spent almost all summer searching for the perfect summer tank, and I finally found it! This white tank from Universal Threads at Target is the perfect go-to summer tank. It ties at the bottom, but doesn’t show any skin, and is flowy and airy. The best part–it was $12.99. Shut the front door. That was regularly priced too! I snagged one in white and navy, and I wear these all the time! they are the best!
(Here’s a sneak peek of the navy one that I actually paired with red JCrew shorts! Not the best picture, but you can see the dark navy color and how long the tied part is. The JCrew shorts are on sale for $19.99 online right now! Check them out!)
The jeans are my basic go-to skinny jeans by Mossimo from Target. They are high waisted + skinny, and I love the depth of the color. If you hit Target at the right time, you can find their jeans BOGO half off! They don’t carry Mossimo jeans at Target online anymore, but I found 2 really similar pairs by Universal Threads depending on your style. If you prefer high-rise jeans, check these out! If you prefer more of a mid-rise, this is the pick for you!
The shoes are Universal Thread open toe Huarache sandals in cognac. These shoes are my new faves, but I will be very transparent here–these have a break-in curve! The heels need some sort of insert until you break them in. I really loved these and snagged them for $11. They are still available online here!
I tend to mix up my jewelry (obviously I have a problem with my long pink layering necklace though!), and these are my favorite pieces to wear with this outfit!
- The pink necklace is an old Francesca’s piece. It is my favorite long layering necklace (if you couldn’t already tell!). They don’t have it in stock anymore, but they do have one very similar here!
- The short necklace is an antique from my great-grandmother, so, unfortunately, there is no dupe for this one!
- The gold initial bracelet was a gift many years ago, but here is a dupe by Sarah Chloe Elle.
- The Kendra Scott bracelet was a gift from my sister, and I am obsessed with it! It is so versatile and simple. I love mixing the metals for this one! Grab your Kendra Scott bracelet here (and it’s on sale now)!
This month I have bags for this outfit! These bags doubled as a personal item + carry on for my flight to Nashville! I never want to bring a backpack again!
- The purse is the Little Dreamer by Thirty-One. I will be honest, I am so surprised at how well this bag has held up! I feel like all of my other totes don’t last very long, but from the last party I hosted, all of my items are holding up so much better than they used to!
- Sidebar: I am not a consultant for 31 Gifts, this was not sponsored, + all opinions are my own.
- The black and cream striped bag is the Brittany Tote by Summer & Rose and was actually apart of my Fab, Fit, Fun box! I love the rope handles, and it has held all of my carryon items so well! This is so much better looking than a backpack!
- Another sidebar: I just started ordering Fab, Fit, Fun boxes, and I am obsessed! I have loved everything I have gotten so far! The value of this bag is more than the cost of a box + I got 4 more full-size items to try (over $200 of things to try!). Pretty cool. If you want to try Fab, Fit, Fun, click here to use my code & snag a coupon for $10 off of your first box.
Here’s to the last summery style on the blog until next year! Cheers!
Let’s stay connected!