Why do I love to do so many things homemade? Generally because it’s more affordable, but also because I can control what goes into the product. Typically when I make homemade cleaners, it falls into both categories affordable + control.
With something as simple as taco seasoning, I don’t think affordability quite falls into my reasoning for homemade. You can find packets of taco seasoning for as little as a quarter, however, I like being able to control my taco seasoning. Not all are created the same, and I can definitely tell! I love to season to taste, so that’s why my taco seasoning has become my own creation. Check it out!
* not pictured: salt.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions + Tips
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl
- Flavor to taste! Add any other ingredients that you prefer more of such as salt, cumin, or garlic.
- If it is too spicy, do 1/2 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper instead of a whole teaspoon
- Use this as you would any other taco seasoning!