I can smell fall in the air.
Okay, maybe that’s just my fall candles.
It is still hot down here in Florida, but that doesn’t mean I can’t pretend, right?
Over on the Gram, a ton of yall have voted for recipes for fall. So I set out to wrangle up all of my favorite meals + treats that I love to make in the fall! This recipe is probably my #1 favorite + easiest!
Now, I love a good white chicken chili, but this one is top notch. Not only is it “creamy” (I definitely prefer a hearty soup to a liquidy soup) but it is also simple to make + healthy! AND it’s a crockpot recipe! Who doesn’t love a good crockpot recipe?
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cans of great northern white beans, rinsed
- 1 can of pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 can of green chilis
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- Check out here where I make my own recipe. Also, with this recipe, I don’t really measure… I just sprinkle as I feel led!
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- Health Alternative: use 1 cup of low-fat milk. I have made this sans sour cream before, and it was good! I have never tried using greek yogurt vs sour cream for this recipe, so if you try it please let me know how it goes!
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Garnish: shredded cheese
- In a crockpot, put all of your beans, tomatoes, salsa, green chilis, and taco seasoning and mix well.
- Take your chicken breasts and cover them with the bean mixture.
- Cook in your crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- When chicken is fully cooked, pull it out of the pot, shred it, and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the sour cream, milk, oregano, and cumin.
- Put your crockpot on warm and let the flavors merry together for a few minutes before serving.
- Optional: garnish with shredded cheese
Yummy bean mixture!
This meal was gone so fast, I didn’t even get a good picture of the final project!
Final photo coming soon!
Tips + Tricks
- Prep the crockpot the night before and put the pot (with the beans and chicken mixture) in the fridge. In the morning, just put the pot into the crockpot and turn it on. Isn’t that the fastest way to prep for a dinner on your way out the door?!
- This recipe freezes very well! I fill up Tupperware containers to the brim, put a lid on them, and throw them in the freezer for a quick go-to meal when it’s needed! Simply thaw and put the white chicken chili in a pot on the stove to heat up!
- Check out the recipe for my homemade taco seasoning here.
Shop My Favorite Kitchen Tools for This Meal
Smooth Edges Can Opener
(I love this can opener! Never has a sharp edge!)
Let’s stay connected!