The air is crisp.
Fall candles are lit.
The house is decorated.
You have a fresh mug of coffee.
You can hear the leaves crunch outside.
And you smell the fresh baked goods in the oven.
This is my idea of a perfect fall day. I asked my Insta buddies over on the gram what they were looking forward to the most in the fall content that I have been creating. I was so surprised that they wanted to see fall recipes! I don’t know why that surprised me… I just don’t find my self to be a “foodie” blogger, but I will put on the hat for today to share with you one of my favorite fall (and winter) baked goods recipe: Homemade Banana Bread.
This recipe was given to me by my sister, Suzanne. She had been making this banana bread for years, and from kids to adults–everyone has always adored it. I was inspired to make it because not only is it so yummy, but it is also ridiculously easy to make! Win-win.
Makes: about 16 slices
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas (smushy bananas are encouraged!)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cup of flour (I use organic + unbleached flour)
- 1 cup of sugar (I use organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup of oil (typically I use coconut oil–I do not like coconut flavor, and this oil does not disrupt the flavor for me)
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- I will typically make one with chocolate chips and one without
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl, smash your bananas with a fork
- Put all ingredients in bowl and mix it up
- Split mixture in half between two loaf pans
- Bake for 50-55 minutes
This recipe is so simple, and it makes your kitchen smell amazing!
Shop My Favorite Kitchen Tools for This Recipe
Let’s stay connected!